Fake "Ground Meat"Several brands sell a soy mix that resembles and substitutes for cooked ground meat in recipes (although significantly healthier). My favorite is Morningstar Farms Grillers Burger Style Recipe Crumbles. I have also used and liked Boca Ground Burger and Lightlife Smart Menu Crumbles.
For most recipes, you use about 2 cups for 1 pound of ground meat.
Some easy ways to use:
- Taco kit (even my son eats this)
- Hamburger Helper (especially try the stroganoff version with the addition of small cans of mushrooms and green beans, very good, but high in salt)
- Spaghetti sauce
- Dirty Rice Mix
- On top of frozen cheese pizza
- Mixed into mac & cheese
- Chili (I will be posting a super-easy chili recipe soon)
- Soups or Stews that use ground meat